Friday, June 24, 2011

Mans Best Friend, Gods Chosen Soldiers

I had a dog once.  Her name was Zuzu.  Now, the people that knew this beautiful canine,  would say that her behavior was sub par at best.  I guess I just always thought more highly of her than others.  If I believed in the saying that "ignorance is bliss," I would use Zuzu as my first example.  She was very fast and powerful, being a husky-rottweiler mix, and would easily pull me off my feet on many of our walks together.  She honestly was a lot like that dog from Marley and Me, eating things off the kitchen table, and darting out the front door at any given chance.  However, no matter how many times that dog would run away, or stray from home, I still managed to care for her and love her.  Only the people who have never owned a dog would say that this post is sappy.  I just sometimes wonder if God looks on us as if we were dogs.  I mean, that sounds harsh doesn't it?  Though, the more I think about it, the more connections of humans to dogs I can make in my head.  Zuzu to me was the best dog in the world, but to anyone else, she was rotten.  I know that I have strayed from the path that God has intended for me, but I also know that he is calling for me to come back to his arms. He longs for everyone to follow him, to put complete trust in him.  If only my Zuzu could do that.  I know that if I stray, God will be waiting for me with his arms stretched open wide, ready for me to come back to him.  That puts my mind to ease.  I loved my dog Zuzu, and no matter how many times she disobeyed, I continued to love her.  God feels the same way about his people, except the feeling is amplified to a figure that we couldn't possible begin to describe.   The point is that we are human, and we mess up, but the Lord will never lose his love for us.                    
My Dog Zuzu

No comments:

Post a Comment